As prom season quickly approaches, here are a few tips to help your group photo session go a little smoother:
- Have someone in charge of organizing and managing time. (Thanks, Tori and Suzy!!!!)
- Keep an eye on the weather, but don't let rain ruin your day! These clear umbrellas photographed beautifully! (available at Target and Amazon)
- Group photo first. By the time we finished individual photos, several of the couples had already left for other obligations.
- Communicate. Make sure everyone knows the order of individual portraits. This gives others a chance to wait in a warm vehicle or building if it's cold and wet (like our session!) or to just visit/relax until it's their turn.
- Be flexible. Have a back-up plan just in case your group doesn't want to get wet. (For this session, we started out under a large pavilion then moved into the uncovered area of the street for individual/couples.)
- Embrace the craziness and unexpected.
- Choose friends who will laugh with you, even when it rains :)